Saturday 2 July 2011

Dancing in Folkestone - Dance Photography

For the 4th year running Ceroc Kent, asked me to provide photographic coverage of their annual summer ball last night. Jivers mainly from the London area packed their bags and journeyed down, many of them making an overnight stay of it.

Dancing photography is always a challenge as there is very fast movement and very low light which is constantly changing. This however has always given me a challenge that I relish. I also like to use lenses that enable me to blur the background of the image so as to bring the eye to the subject and not let the background detract from the image. My main aim in this type of dance image is to capture the eye contact between the two dancers and hence the electricity between them. If I can get some flying hair too that is a bonus!

www.cerockent.com

F69F5986

No comments:

Post a Comment